Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Monday, October 29, 2007
1. Who is your man? Hubby
2. How long have you been together? Married for 2 years on November 12, together since October 2003.
3. How long did you date? From Oct. 2003 and we got engaged 1-1-05
4. How old is your man? 36
5. Who eats more? He does, but we both love to eat. I think he's been known to tell me "back away from the (insert food name here), slowly, back away.
6. Who said "I love you" first? He did
7. Who is taller? Uh, Hubby by a lot.
8. Who sings better? That's a toss up, but the question should be who is worse. Neither of us are going to win any awards.
9. Who is smarter? That's a hard one - he has a crazy almost photographic memory & remembers everything, can break down information well, etc. I probably test better, but not sure if that means anything.
10. Whose temper is worse? Mine.
11. Who does the laundry? Both of us - somehow we still both always do our own. Can you say independent and getting married after the age of 30?
12. Who takes out the garbage? He does, but I have been known to help on occasion.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does.
14. Who pays the bills? We both do, but I will probably assume that duty when we finally consolidate all of our bank accounts.
15. Who is better with the computer? Moi
16. Who mows the lawn? He does - he doesn't love it, but he does.
17. Who cooks dinner? Both of us
18. Who drives when you are together? Him, almost 100% because he hates my A4.
19. Who pays when you go out? Typically, he does.
20. Who is most stubborn? I think me, again.
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? I think he does, but because he really doesn't like to fight.
22. Whose parents do you see the most? His, they only live 2 hours away.
23. Who kissed who first? He kissed me.
24. Who asked who out? We were encouraged to meet by mutual friends. I think he asked, but I had the tickets to a play that we went to see.
25. Who proposed? Him... I wasn't buying my own ring!
26. Who is more sensitive? Me
27. Who has more friends? Actually, him. He's never met a stranger.
28. Who wears the pants in the family? While I do wear a lot of skirts, we are pretty equal on the decision making.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
And for just $25 and easy to find at my local Target, it was a steal.
Monday, October 22, 2007
You got it... right here by the vendor that sold these..
Yes, flying monkeys that would fly 50 feet in the air (by built-in sling shots).
But, aside from that, it was wonderful. I overheard one vendor describe it as sending an alcoholic to work at the ABC Store (for those of you outside of NC, that's a liquor store). It really was a non-stop shopping extravaganza and of course those of us who are trying to be good, did have to refrain a little!
Some of my favorites included this adorable shop for vintage aprons and these great bags. I bought two - one for me and one for a gift.
These purses were to die for... Plus, I loved the name!
For the cutest baby onesies around, go here. They were out of my size, so I had to order, but my cute and comfy PJ's should arrive in about 2 weeks. Their booth was great - all of the employees wore PJ's and robes all day.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
We love all of the landscaping, trees, and shrubs that we have and hate to risk losing them with a traditional fence, so we are having a visit from Invisible Fence on Friday. My question(s) to all of you are, have you ever used Invisible Fence and how did you like it? Did you have any problems with your dogs running through or issues with other dogs coming in your yard?
Thanks for all of your help!
Sunday, October 07, 2007
The recipe is from Joy of Cooking and is really simple and yummy.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease an 8.5x4.5 inch (6-cup) loaf pan.
Whisk together thoroughly:
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
In large bowl, beat on high speed until lightened in color and texture, 2-3 minutes.
5 1/3 tbsp unsalted butter
2/3 cup sugar
Beat in the flour mixture until blended & the consistency of brown sugar. Gradually beat in:
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Fold in just until combined:
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2)
1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans (I omitted)
Scrape the batter & spread into pan, evenly. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean (50-60 minutes). Let cool for 5-10 minutes on a rack... or not!
I had 2 good helpers while I was getting everything ready...
I think this will make a great addition for my Father-in-Law's birthday celebration later today, if I can restrain myself from slicing a big piece right now!
Thursday, October 04, 2007
One neighbor that I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting is a hawk. The house to the left of us is under renovations and the woman in charge of the work has seen him several times and thinks that he may live in the backyard, in one of the huge trees. Last week, apparently, he swooped down into our front yard and then perched on the roof long enough for her to grab a shot with her camera phone. She is supposed to send it to me, so as soon as I have it, I'll post it.
I do think hawks are magnificent, beautiful birds. Am I glad that Zeus & Zoe are 80+ pounds each? Yes. Hopefully nothing like this could ever happen... I do think there are a shortage of squirrels in our yard, but I'll try not to think about that!
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
I think the house looks great - my parents helped us do some last minute things this summer, Hubby (along with a couple of friends) updated the kitchen last spring, and we recently updated the bathrooms. All we need to find is the right buyer!
Let me throw in some realtor speak...nicely updated kitchen with neutral colors and new appliances...
New bathtub and surround and fresh paint make this house move in ready...
I think Zeus & Zoe do miss our backyard - full of trees, squirrels, and cats that they tormented on a daily basis. Spacious lot with mature trees (don't mind the race track left by previous dogs).