Sunday, February 22, 2009

Diagnosis: over-competitive

Or why I shouldn't use Ebay ... I just paid full retail for two damn coordinating Mini Boden dresses. I am of course rationalizing this purchase because ...

1. They will still be cheaper because the shipping is less than what Boden offers.
2. These little dresses are pretty cute and it's not often that I find coordinating outfits for M & L on Ebay.
3. Easter dresses can be checked off the to-do list.
4. Umm, I'm being "green" because I'm buying used clothing?

I swear, whenever I have bid on Ebay, I can feel my blood pressure rising and it makes me crazy. I hate to lose, and I think this is why I need to stay away.

6 comments:

Jules said...

I totally understand! I lost a bid on a smocked dress on ebay this wknd b/c I was at the beach and for got to check my gmail acct. UGH

But yes, I get really anxious at the end of an auction in the final secs! LOL

FREAKS R US! :)

Midwest Nest said...

Looking forward to seeing a picture of the dresses. I'm sure the girls will look fab.

The Preppy Wedding said...

Totally agree! Sometimes, I have to take ebay "breaks" because I spend too much on too many things. I over rationalize and then overspend!! It is going to kill me when the baby comes.

Well I Do Declare said...

It really is true! I have talked to lots of people who have got in bidding wars on Ebay :) Can't wait to see the girls in the dresses!

dmmlandcruiser said...

Ebay addiction has to be a recognized illness. I was winning things just to race home and have a pretty package in my mailbox!

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

I didn't know you bought them! HA!!! I love it!